WAM Industriale - ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY
Since 1968, the year in which Vainer Marchesini, founder and current president of the Group, manufactured his first screw conveyor, the name WAM® has become synonymous with innovation in the technology of machines used for powder and granular materials handling. Today, the aim of WAM Industriale is to provide a complete range in the fields of bulk handling & processing, dust filtration, mixing, wastewater treatment and renewable energy generation.
WAM Industriale believes that protecting and preserving the environment
is essential for people’s quality of life and sustainable development.
This Environmental Policy, communicated inside and outside the organisation, available to all parties interested and to those who request it, defines the principles established by the Company to
The company therefore undertakes to
- protect the environment by reducing pollution;
- meet the obligations of compliance with environmental legislation;
- continuously improve the environmental management system to increase environmental performance.
- aiming for maximum yield in the consumption of electrical energy of the company's processes and methane consumption;
- aim for maximum yield from raw materials by reducing waste to the minimum;
- reduce the environmental impact of waste production, minimising its production and favouring recovery over disposal as the final destination of the waste;
- improving the safety of storage of hazardous substances and waste;
- gradually raise awareness among contractors and suppliers of the benefits of environmental management of their processes;
- minimising the impact of emissions into the atmosphere, including the emission of VOCs;
- keep the acoustic impact of work on the external environment monitored and limited;
- improve the aesthetic impact of the site;
- reduce light pollution from night lighting.
In an energy-consuming sector such as the engineering industry, the Company's aim is to stand out and assert itself with respect to competitors, using environmental policy as a strong point in view of customers who are increasingly sensitive and attentive to safeguarding the environment at a global level.
To achieve a concrete and lasting improvement, it is necessary to have the commitment and involvement of all functions in the organisation, from workers to managers, all supervised by the Top Management.
Given the above, the Management defines an environmental policy that responds to the need and desire to guarantee economic and social development, paying greater attention to protecting the environment of the Modenese lowlands.
Cavezzo, 1st February 2022