CMC Screw Conveyors are used in the precast concrete industry to convey fresh concrete from the compulsory mixer to the moulds, as an alternative to belt conveyors which, unlike screw conveyors, bear the risk of segregation of fresh concrete.
Substituting wheel barrows or belt conveyors
Avoiding segregation of concrete ensuring even and continual discharge
Favourable price-quality ratio
DescriptionCMC-type Screw Conveyors are manufactured from carbon steel with a suitable surface finishing. They are made up of a U-shape trough with wear-resistant rubber drop bottom. CMC Screw Conveyors have an outlet spout at one trough end, an end plate at each trough end, helicoid screw flighting welded on a centre pipe with coupling bush at each end, two end bearing assemblies complete with shaft seal, and a bolted trough cover. Furthermore, CMC Screw Conveyors are equipped with a gear motor that suits the application.
The inlet zone is equipped with adjustable mixing paddles.
|CMC Screw Conveyors are used in the precast concrete industry to convey fresh concrete from the compulsory mixer to the moulds, as an alternative to belt conveyors which, unlike screw conveyors, bear the risk of segregation of fresh concrete. To keep the concrete homogeneous and to reduce the absorbed drive power the mixing paddles in the inlet zone are adjustable. By changing the angle of the paddles the concrete throughput rate can be altered. Due to a rubber drop bottom trough large aggregate particles ending up between screw and trough will not block the screw as the rubber will give way to them. The drop bottom can be quickly opened and closed for cleaning and easily replaced when worn out.
- Solid upper trough channels with bolted cover
- Drop bottom trough in wear-resistant rubber
- Outlet spout with WAM standard flange drilling
- No inlet supplied
- Extra heavy-duty screw conveyor with adjustable mixing paddles in inlet zone and full blade helicoid flighting welded on centre pipe in conveying zone
- Externally flanged end bearing assemblies with cast iron casing and incorporated shaft seal complete with manually adjustable stuffing boxes
- Direct or offset WAM drive unit
- Small footprint
- Easy to fit and maintain
- Swivelling application possible
- Avoiding segregation of concrete ensuring even and continual discharge
- Substituting wheel barrows or belt conveyors
- Favourable price-quality ratio