At WAMGROUP, Research and Development has been the cornerstone of innovation for more than 50 years. The WAMGROUP research and test laboratory, set up in 1987, today is Italy’s foremost private centre specialising in both basic and applied research concerning powdery and granular materials, as well as the development of bulk solids handling and processing equipment.
WAMGROUP's dedication to research over the past decades has forged solid links with the Universities of Bologna and Modena resulting in a steadily growing relationship with the academic world.
In close cooperation with national and international universities and institutes, WAMGROUP R&D has participated in a number of international research programmes.
- Studies regarding the behaviour of powdery and granular materials when being conveyed or mixed;
- Interaction of bulk solids with container and conveyor casing materials;
- Studies regarding innovative materials for the manufacture of components for screw conveyors, dust filters, industrial mixers, flow intercepting valves, and others;
- Studies regarding new technologies and production processes for the manufacture of screw conveyors, dust filters, industrial mixers, flow intercepting valves, and others;
- Over the years the activities of the R&D department have led to the registration of numerous international patents.