MBF Micro-Batch Feeders are particularly suitable for feeding poorly flowing powders and granular materials which tend to clog. A comprehensive modular system design ensures the right solution for virtually all user requirements.
Comprehensive modular system design
DescriptionThe MBF Micro-Batch Feeder for continuous volumetric feeding of powdery or granular materials consists of a steel-reinforced SINT engineering polymer body (optionally body entirely manufactured from stainless steel), a horizontally mounted rotating agitator tool, a feeder screw beneath the agitator tool, a feeder pipe enclosing the protruding feeder screw, one drive unit each for agitator and feeder screw.
Tests on product flow and material stress were carried out to establish optimum body geometry. Agitator and feeder tool geometry and materials were tested, too, before choosing an optimal steel and SINT engineering polymer composite.
On request, MBF series Micro-Batch Feeders are supplied in food-grade versions with both FDA and EN- approval.
FunctionMBF series Micro-Batch Feeders for powder and granular material feeding are particularly suitable for poorly flowing materials which tend to clog, along with adhesive materials.
Depending on the user's individual requirements and on material characteristics, MBF Micro-Batch Feeders can be supplied with alternative feeder screws and blending tools, with the addition of various accessories.
For more than four decades, MBF Micro-Batch Feeders have been successfully operating among others in the following industries: foods, building materials, plastics, chemicals, packaging, as well as in environmental technology.
- 3 sizes available
- Feed rates: 3 dm3/h ~ 4,000 dm3/h (0.001 ~ 2.4 cfm)
- Body manufactured from SINT engineering polymer or stainless steel (the entire feeder may come in stainless steel with all components being interchangeable with the SINT version)
- Agitator and feeder tool with separate drive units
- Due to independent drive units it is possible to select different drive powers and speeds for both blending shaft and feeder screw
- Wide range of interchangeable SINT engineering polymer or stainless steel feeder tools
- Vast range of interchangeable components: seals, feeding pipe
- High degree of homogeneity of the material fed
- Versatile, adaptable, compact, reliable, accurate
- Minimum clearance between screw flight and feeder pipe ensuring high accuracy feeding
- Internal body geometry ensuring free flow of difficult materials
- Flexibility in choice of model most suitable for material to be fed
- Easy and quick maintenance due to limited number of components
- Easy and quick cleaning due to non-stick SINT engineering polymer surface and quick access panel
- Feeders manufactured from FDA and EN-approved, food-grade SINT engineering polymer or completely in stainless steel
- ATEX certification
- Vertical outlet
- Pneumatic activator / electric vibrator
- Bag feeding hoppers with different geometries to increase storage capacity (available complete with flow aids on request)
- Round/square bag feeding hopper with separately driven vertical agitator tool for materials that tend to pack under pressure
- Feeder pipe liner made from standard or food-grade SINT engineering polymer