The test plant at the WAMGROUP headquarters includes all products of the company integrated in a system that enables simulation of real operating conditions.
The system is connected to software controlling, detecting and recording performance data of all the equipment (silo demo centre).
A webcam monitoring system enables WAMGROUP subsidiaries from all over the world to carry out remote test supervision.
In this context, the plant helps WAMGROUP developers test the performance and resistance of new machines and equipment in real working conditions and analyse how the equipment operates inside a plant.
Examples of tests performed:
- Throughput rates of screw conveyors and feeders, as well as pneumatic conveyors;
- Filtration efficiency and clogging behaviour of filter elements;
- Comparative performance of pressure relief valves and silo safety equipment;
- Application of mortar mixers and dust conditioners;
- Durability of components (intercepting valves and diverter valves);
- Testing of prototypes and innovative concepts.
- Feeding and mixing tests
In close relation with the outdoor plant, today the WAMGROUP indoor Research & Test Laboratory is Italy’s foremost private centre specialising in both basic and applied research concerning powdery and granular materials, as well as the development of bulk solids handling and processing equipment.
A webcam monitoring system gives customers and researchers from all over the world remote access to the lab enabling them to follow tests from their computer at home.
The test facilities are available to all active and potential customers. WAMGROUP does not charge any costs for tests to customers should an order be awarded.
Test results are kept confidential for the customer’s and for internal use.
In addition, WAMGROUP currently runs its own test laboratories in various locations all over the world (refer to map).